Friday, January 13, 2012

FRIDAY: Deep Trouble by Mary Connealy

Summary
Shannon's father believed in the city of gold until his dying day. And Shannon is determined to prove him right. So, she leaves her high-society city life in St. Louis to travel west with some hired guides. But her hired guides decide they'd rather steal her map and leave her for dead. Gabe, traveling alone on his way to visit family, hears the gunfire and Shannon's scream and rescues her. Shannon insists on finishing her quest and Gabe feels obligated to go along to keep her safe. But nothing about this journey is going to be safe.

Review
I received a review copy of this book from the author. It's been sitting on my shelf for awhile. Frankly, at first glance I thought it wasn't my kind of book. I am more of a sci-fi/fantasy reader. But Deep Trouble was one of the books I committed to reading this year, and I was pleasantly surprised. Shannon and Gabe are likeable characters and the villains are truly creepy, making the reader want to hang with the story to find out how Gabe and Shannon will survive to the end. It's a fun love story with great supporting characters. Good faith message also, without being preachy.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: fans of western romances and/or Christian fiction

Cautions: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment