Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BONUS BLOG: Astro the Steller Seal

Summary 
Astro the sea lion was rescued as a pup only a few days old, alone and stranded. The folks at The Marine Mammal Center took care of Astro until he was old enough to return to the ocean. But by then, Astro was too attached to humans to stay in the ocean. Each time his caretakers would try to return Astro to the wild, he would just swim back home. They were going to need a new plan for Astro.

Review
I received a review copy of this book from the author. I found it to be a sweet story. My favorite parts were when Astro would find his way home again (although I am sure that was frustrating to his handlers). Happy ending. Educational materials about sea lions in the back of the book make it good for classroom/library/science lab use.


4 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: children under 12, library story times, classroom story times, school science labs, animal lovers, sea lion research


Cautions: none

[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment