Monday, February 14, 2011

MONDAY: The Name Quilt

Summary 
Sadie and her grandma enjoy a tradition when Sadie comes to visit - Sadie snuggles down for bed under the Name Quilt. Then she chooses a name and Grandma tells her a story about that person or about the scrap that was used to make that section of the quilt. 

A summer storm blows away the name quilt and Sadie is devastated by the loss. She feels so alone without the quilt. Grandma helps Sadie discover the stories they still hold in the hearts and together they begin to create a new Name Quilt.

Review

Our local library puts 40 or so picture books out on display in the children's section and I discovered The Name Quilt when I was wandering around the display. I loved the story and the themes covered in it - traditions, family, stories. Beautiful.



4 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: children 3rd grade and under, kids learning to quilt, families talking about stories or traditions 


Cautions: none

[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment