Friday, December 17, 2010

Year End Thoughts

As 2010 starts to wrap up, I'm going to take a little blog break to hang with my family and try to get caught up on some reading.

While I'm gone, I have a few children's book reviews that will post and some book-related links.

Today I will leave you with a link to an article about a picture book that some parents and teachers don't think is very child-friendly.

I actually bought this book without reading it because I had seen the poster (used it for a bulletin board at school) and the book trailer and LOVED. But when I brought it home to read, I noticed the title page included a word that is a swear word in our house. And that same word is the punchline to the book. So much for reading it to my students at school!

What do you think? Inappropriate for kids or making a mountain out of a molehill?

No comments:

Post a Comment