Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waiting on WEDNESDAY: The Help

This book is following me! I started hearing about it from some friends. Then my husband asked about it because some of his co-workers were talking about it.

It's not the sort of book I would gravitate toward in the store, but I couldn't resist the book jacket description. I borrowed it from a friend and it is just waiting until I get my holiday to do list under control.

[I am an Amazon associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchse price.] 

2 comments:

  1. It took me months to finally pick up this book, and when I finally did, I cursed myself for having taken so long! It's just that good. But I won't say anything more and instead wait for you to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you enjoy reading Southern literature (as I do), you'll enjoy this book. The setting for this fictional tale is an accurate reflection of a period of time that most of us remember. I read it in the summer of '09 in only a few days. It had been a long time since a book captured my attention like that. I'd be interested to find out how you like it.

    ReplyDelete