Monday, November 1, 2010

MONDAY: Ordinary Oscar

I am fortunate to be a reviewer for the publisher Tiger Tales. Tiger Tales sends me children's books to review with expectations only for an honest review.  Oscar is the first book I am going to review from the fall releases from Tiger Tales.

Oscar is a snail who is bored doing the same old thing and looking like everyone else. He wants to be different - he wants to be famous. When his family wants him to be content as he is, Oscar goes looking for support somewhere else. What he finds is the chance to make his dream come true and see if being famous is all he things it will be.


Oscar's story is a classic Cinderella/3 wishes tale with a message of "be careful what you wish for" and "love the life you have." Familiar themes cleverly done with unusual creatures. The illustrations really make the story come alive. My favorites are the snail portraits inside the covers (great extra details that I have come to expect - and love - from Tiger Tales books). There are some metallic elements on the front cover and some interior pages - another thing I think Tiger Tales does well.


[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this lovely review Jaymie, and thanks for all you do for children's book lovers!
    Happy Reading,
    Elizabeth
    tiger tales

    ReplyDelete