Friday, October 1, 2010

FRIDAY: The Quick and the Thread

Marcy Singer is the owner of a new needlework shop called The Seven Year Stitch. She's so excited to start a new life in a new town, doing something she has dreamed about for years. And everything would be great if it weren't for the dead man in her storage room!

As if that dead man wasn't bad enough, soon another one is dead and both had connections to Marcy's shop and a shady land development group. If Marcy wants to build her business, enjoy some new relationships, and make a place for herself in the community, she is going to have to figure out who killed these men before she's next.


Great mystery! I was so happy to find a new needlework-themed series. I have read another one, but the last book sounded a little too dark for my preferences so I skipped it entirely. This cozy was perfect. Plenty of characters to keep you guessing, but not too many that you couldn't keep them straight. In a perfect world, I would have liked it if a couple of the characters had different names - two women with R names and the two suitors with T names got confusing at times. But the characters were different enough that I was quickly able to orient myself to who was doing the talking. And I enjoyed the characters. The tension between Marcy and her "best-friend" was a little surprising for so early in the series, but it made sense in the context of small town dynamics.


Can't wait for the next book in the series - Stitch Me Deadly: An Embroidery Mystery - due out on February 1, 2011.

[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and purchase something, I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment