Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TUESDAY: Alphas

One hundred gifted girls chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity - a spot at Alpha Academy. The rules are simple - engage wholeheartedly in the customized study schedule, and stay away from the founder's sons.

Told primarily from the perspective of three of the girls - Skye, the dancer who is always trying to live up to expectations, Allie A who is masquerading as famous songwriter Allie J, and Charlie, who had to give up everything to get to Alpha, even though she was one of the primary designers of the academy.


There's a bit of "teen-speak" like "hawt" which got a little old for me, but would probably appeal to the target audience. It's a fun story - definitely one I would have read as a teen. I was really rooting for Charlie. There are more books in the series - Movers & Fakers (Alphas)and Belle of the Brawl (Alphas) due out in October.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment