Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TUESDAY: Word After Word After Word

This is a sweet story about a class of fourth graders who spend some class time with a local author. The things they write tie in with what's going on in their lives in beautiful ways. I thought a lot of my writing students as I read this, hoping that they discover, like the students in the book did, the connections that can come through writing. This book also reminded me of why I write, which is really important to me at this stage in life.

It was beautiful. I was in tears through most of it. I would read it to my students but I know I would never make it through the book without choking up.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment