Monday, July 26, 2010

MONDAY: Memoirs of a Goldfish

I saw this on the new books shelf at the library and knew I had to read it.

"Day One. I swam around my bowl." What did you expect from a memoir of a goldfish? This particular goldfish starts his story alone, but that doesn't last long. Soon his bowl is full of rocks, bubbles, a diver, a plant and some other water creatures. The goldfish's opinions about the newcomers are a hoot! ("Mr. Bubbles still hasn't said a word.... He's creepy.") I loved this! It is a clever premise with fun observations. This would make a great example for my Writing Club students of a "memoir" that would make sense on an elementary student level.

Check out Memoirs of a Goldfish! 

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment