Monday, July 12, 2010

MONDAY: That Cat Can't Stay

I saw this book on the shelf at a local bookstore and I really enjoyed it. A family of cat lovers are drawn to strays. When they bring each one home, the dad gives his same standard speech about why the cat can't stay with them. The family (usually the mom) puts on a good show of how dangerous it is going to be for the cat to be let go, but how they'll do it anyway and the dad relents (such a softy deep down!). In the end, though, the Dad finds his own special pet.

The illustrations are great - I love the cover title (check out the cat tails) and the looks that the cats give the dad as they snuggle up to him. As long as you don't think too hard about how the family is manipulating the dad, the story is delightful. Little kids will enjoy the dad's rant, especially because it repeats, so they can join in after a few readings.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment