Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TUESDAY: Fairies

My eight-year-old niece has enjoyed these fairy books since she started reading chapter books. The author has added more "themes" to the series - the petal fairies, the dance fairies, the music fairies, etc.

The books follow a general pattern and involve the same main characters. The fairies loose something important to them (usually stolen by Jack Frost and his goblins), and Kirsty and Rachel help them find each object - the flowers, the musical instruments, magic ribbons, etc.

These are cute books and I think they are great for new readers. The pattern helps the reader anticipate what's coming.


[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment