Thursday, May 6, 2010

THURSDAY: A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

Sorry this is late today!

I picked this up on the recommendation of another blog. I haven't read the author's other works. This is a memoir that jumps around a little. A third of the way through I would have been hard-pressed to tell you in a sentence what it was about. I enjoyed what I read, but I couldn't get it all to hang together. I pressed forward and I'm glad I did. I really liked what he had to say about "story." He talked about the things we remember - and choosing to do things in our lives that are worth remembering - things that make our lives a good story. He also talked about keeping our stories in perspective with the bigger Story. My favorite quote is, "I am a tree in a story about a forest."


There are powerful stories related here, but I will take away more the messages about what sort of story I am telling - and what story I want to tell - with my life.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment