Monday, May 31, 2010

MONDAY: Alphabet Books, Part 1

Back in the spring I decided to talk with my writing club students about alphabet books. I think they are a great way to get kids writing because they can be done in SOOO many ways. This week I want to show some of the books we talked about in class.


In Alpha Oops, the letters from the latter part of the alphabet decide they are tired of always being in the same spot, so they shake things up. 


AA is for Aardvark used words or phrases with double letters.


A Dictionary of Dance included dance terms for each letter of the alphabet.

My students liked the different ways to use the general framework of the alphabet for different writing options.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment