Friday, April 2, 2010

FRIDAY: Picket Fence Promises

I hate reading a series out of order, but I didn't realize this was the second book in the series until I was a few chapters in. I haven't yet gotten the first book, but I was able to move forward with this story without trouble.

Bernice is finding her place in the small town of Prichett, Wisconsin when an old flame turns up and decides to stick around. This forces Bernice to face some things about herself and about her past.

I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and the way the community takes care of their own. The fact that everything turns out in the end (even with the secondary story lines) is pretty unrealistic but I read fiction for a reason - sometimes "realistic" is over-rated. A few weeks ago I said that I was pretty critical and cautious when it comes to Christian fiction. Sometimes it is too trite, too neat, or the story lines too overdone. I found this story and the writer's voice completely delightful and engaging; I couldn't put it down. 


Check out this series.


[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment