Friday, March 12, 2010

FRIDAY: Hunting Ground

As the werewolves gather from all over the world to discuss making themselves known to the humans, one among them is plotting and conspiring for death and destruction.

I know vampires are pretty trendy right now, and zombies are primed to take their place at the top of paranormal fiction, but I find I prefer stories about dragons or werewolves if I am in the mood for urban fantasy. The first story in this series was actually in an anthology called  On the Prowl. The first full book in the series is Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega, Book 1). I think reading the others in the series would be helpful to understand the background of the characters and how they interact with each other.

I like the main characters in this series and how they relate to one another. This is a much darker series than, say Enchanted, Inc. (Katie Chandler, Book 1), which is another paranormal/urban fantasy series I enjoy. This has some graphic/violent elements that could turn away sensitive readers (I just skip past them). This particular book has a vampire element, but they are the "bad guys." As someone who never cared for the vampire craze in the first place, this was fine by me.

If you are looking for some paranormal/urban fantasy reading, check out this series. The author has written several others, as well. (I haven't tried any of those yet.)


[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment