Monday, February 22, 2010

MONDAY: Substitute Teacher Plans

Miss Huff needs a break from school - a simple mental health day. She writes up a plan for her special free day and another for her substitute. But Miss Huff is so tired, she gives the wrong list to the sub. So Miss Huff spends her day off reading, writing, spelling and doing math (and loving every minute of it) while her students and their sub ride roller coasters, build sand castles, and go sky diving.

This is a very clever book. I loved the whole idea of it! (This would be a great example of "ideas" for a writing class.) I think this is a fun book for any home or library. I also think it would be great for someone who routinely subs in lower elementary grades. It's a funny story that could start some great discussions.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment