Tuesday, December 1, 2009

TUESDAY: Cool Zone with the Pain and the Great One


Alternating point of view stores from The Great One - Abigail, a third grader - and The Pain - Jake, a first grader. In this volume, The Pain loses a tooth, deals with a bully, The Great One chases a boy, Bruno the stuffed elephant goes to school, The Great One tries out a new name, and the first grade has a restaurant. The final chapter is told from the perspective of the family cat, Fluzzy.

These were very cute stories. I especially liked the ones about the bully and Bruno the elephant. The interplay between the siblings is fun and reminded me of the Judy Moody and Stink books. Bite-sized stories seem just the right size for early readers. I would read more of the books in this series.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment