Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WEDNESDAY: Love Revolution


"Selfishness is the major problem we face today worldwide, and an aggressive movement to eliminate it is our answer. We need to declare war on selfishness." ~ Joyce Meyer

This is the basic premise of Love Revolution, the latest non-fiction title from Joyce Meyer. The book is filled with stories and instruction on living lives of love - actively seeking to be kind to others and being available to be used by God. One of the statements I liked was "Be aggressive in good works." It reminds me of a scripture I like in the NRSV, Romans 12:10 that says "Outdo one another in showing honor." I love the idea of being intentional - even to the point of aggressive action - about doing good works and showing honor to others. This book is a good challenge to love your neighbor well.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment