Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WEDNESDAY: The Power of a Praying....


This is one book in a "series" of books on prayer by Stormie Omartian. Each one talks about praying for the people and responsibilities you have in the role in question - parent, wife, teen, etc.

Each book takes a couple pages to talk about an area of prayer and then gives a sample prayer that the reader can use for his/her own prayer time or as a model for speaking or writing a prayer. I particularly enjoyed this one for a praying parent. The author recommends spending time in prayer and thought/conversation about areas to pray for in the coming year. Before school begins is a great time for this. I decided to try it this year. I made a running list of prayers and priorities for my son for the school year - relationships with teachers, academic growth, peer relationships, and for the struggles I know he has. That list led me to do the same for my husband and myself. I put the list in a journal where I could refer to it during my prayer time. I also added a section for prayer requests outside our family. It is great to look back and see where God has answered prayer over time.

If you are looking for a guide to help you shape your prayer time for your family or for yourself, check out this line of resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment