Thursday, September 17, 2009

THURSDAY: Please Understand Me II


An "updated" (1998 update of the original, published in 1984) discussion of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and Keirsey's own Temperament theory. If you are looking for an introductory discussion of the Myers Briggs, this is a great book. It talks about each type alone, as well as each of the 4 temperaments (NF, NT, SP, SJ). Then it looks at each one in relationship to marriage, parenting and leadership.

I love learning about the Myers-Briggs. This has been a foundational book for me on the subject. I have found the information helpful when thinking about my marriage and my parenting style. I read it looking for early clues to my son's Myers Briggs type. I have used it when looking at communication between co-workers and in leading team-building exercises and discussions. I have also used it in a Sunday school class where we were doing activities for self-discovery and talking about our personal journeys. This is a favorite that I return to time and time again.


No comments:

Post a Comment