Thursday, August 27, 2009

THURSDAY: Just a Geek


I first picked this up because I wanted to see what Wheaton had to say about his years on Star Trek The Next Generation (ST:TNG). I discovered that there is so much more to Wil's story and that he tells it so well. Wil Wheaton is an actor (recently doing guest spots on shows like Criminal Minds and Leverage), a writer, a blogger (watch out for some profanity at times), a speaker (he does panels and readings to HUGE crowds at events like ComicCon), a father, a husband - and each role is reflected in these personal essays. When I first read Just a Geek, I was struck by Wil's honesty as he shares his journey with the reader. If you are a Star Trek fan, check out what Wil has to say about his experience. If you aren't a Star Trek fan, though, there are plenty of other things to enjoy about this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment