Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WEDNESDAY: Holy Discontent


Do you have an "injustice" that always stirs up your passions or your ire? For me it is a passion for the care of pastors. I get fired up when I hear stories of critical, complaining notes sent to pastors or pastors feeling beaten down by negativity and criticism or by a lack of support. Hybels would say that is my "holy discontent." The idea of this book is to help you pinpoint where your discontent lies and then to motivate you to engage with God to make a difference in that area. This was a fabulous and challenging book. I liked it so much, we bought copies for all of our pastors a year or two ago, hoping to encourage and stir them up in their individual areas of passion.

So, what is your "holy discontent?"

No comments:

Post a Comment