Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WEDNESDAY: Deadline


The first book in a trilogy, Deadline is one of my all time favorite books. I re-read it every year or two. I have read the rest of the trilogy, but I never connected with the other volumes the way I connected with this one!

Three friends, close for years, but different in foundational ways when it comes to matters of faith. Finney loves Jesus and lives that love every day. Doc has no interest in matters of faith, and he doesn't always follow an ethical path. And Jake is in the middle. He does not have Finney's faith, but he doesn't try to challenge it like Doc does.

When tragedy strikes, Jake is literally stuck in the middle again - trapped in a car between his two best friends as they all fight for their lives. Jake walks away from the accident, but walks right into a mystery with implications he can't even imagine. Not only will Jake be fighting to find the truth, but he will be fighting for his soul.

I love the characters in this book, and the mystery and suspense kept me guessing when I read it the first time. My favorite thing to read now are the descriptions of Heaven; they are very moving and encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment