Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TUESDAY: Knights of the Lunch Table


I have not been much of a graphic novel fan - trying to follow the illustrations in some volumes have given me a headache. But the first book in this series called The Dodgeball Chronicles (for kids ages 9 to 12), was great fun to read.

The star of the story is Artie King, a student at Camelot Middle School.... [Do you see where this is going?] Artie opens the un-openable locker - 001XCL - and his adventures begin. With the help of his friends, Percy and Wayne, and his science teacher, Mr. Merlyn, he just might survive his dodgeball battle with Joe, the school bully, and his posse, "The Horde."

I am a big fan of re-imagined fairy tales and classic stories and this one did not disappoint. I have already put the sequel, The Dragon Players on my wish list for September 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment