Friday, March 13, 2009

FRIDAY: A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Read


Psych is one of my favorite TV shows. I own the DVDs and watch episodes over and over when I am looking for a good laugh. When I saw there was a book from the series, I snatched it off the shelf and trotted immediately to the check out. I was a little nervous, though, that it wouldn't live up to expectations; I haven't read books from favorite TV series before. I wondered if the author could pull off the relationships and banter I love from the show.

In the story, Shawn and Gus just wrap up a case when they find themselves being shot at and running for their lives. They are "rescued" by a woman who says Shawn is sending her psychic messages. Three different story lines take off from there and eventually converge in the climax of the story.

I enjoyed the book. I think the author captured the relationships and the banter that I love so much. I did have to take breaks from reading because the story was somewhat convoluted and my brain needed a rest from trying to figure out what was going on (I don't read mysteries without trying to beat the sleuths to the solution). I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys the show, and I would buy another in the series from this author.

The next book in the series will be Mind over Magic and is due out July 7, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment