Friday, November 14, 2014

MIRACLE AT THE HIGHER GROUNDS CAFE by Max Lucado

Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe

Chelsea Champers inherited the Higher Grounds Cafe when her mom died. She has great memories of the place - and a significant need of somewhere to put her energy - so she decides to run it on her own. But she discovers she owns a crazy amount of back taxes on it. How will she ever make that kind of money? Enter The God Blog. It's the only website her router gets and customers come from miles around to have a chance to ask one question and have God respond. What will The God Blog do for Chelsea's business? For her family? For herself?

This is a touching story of faith and family. Glimpses of angels and dark forces at work give this a little different tone at times. I enjoy stories which touch me emotionally and this did that. It's a fairly typical relationship story ("Can the main characters work out their history and problems?") with angels thrown in. The build up was a little slow, but once The God Blog became a factor, the story really got interesting.

4 out of 5 stars

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment