Thursday, October 16, 2014

ECONOMICS THROUGH INFOGRAPHICS by Karen Kenney

Economics Through Infographics

I love infographics and have eyed this series as a possibility for our school library for some time, but this was my first opportunity to see one up close. The format is generally one paragraph per page/topic that outlines basic information and then a visual display that digs a little deeper. Topics in this volume include factories/assembly lines, comparison costs for common products (like a Big Mac or Starbucks) in various countries, imports and exports, currency exchanges, and changes in the work force over time. Includes a glossary and index as well as recommendations for further reading on the subject. Free e-resources are also mentioned, but I did not explore those.

4 out of 5 stars
AR Reading level of 5.0

I would definitely get this series for the school library - what an enjoyable read! Some of the other books in this series are pictured below. So far there seems to be 12 books in the series.

Us History Through Infographics   Weather and Climate through Infographics   Forces and Motion through Infographics   The Solar System through Infographics

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment