Thursday, October 3, 2013

I SURVIVED THE JAPANESE TSUNAMI, 2011 by Lauren Tarshis

I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (I Survived Series #8)

Ben and his mom and little brother are visiting Japan four months after Ben's dad died. They were visiting Ben's great-uncle when the tsunami hit. As his family tried to flee by car, the car was overtaken by water and Ben was separated from his family. There's so much loss - so much devastation. Ben has lost so much. What could possibly happen next?

It's hard to write much of summary of the story without giving too much away. This was a great installment in this adventure series. My students devour these books! And they will love this one. The family is likeable, their grief feels authentic. And the fear in the midst of the earthquake/tsunami felt very real to me! This book is informative and engrossing. Another winner!

4 out of 5 stars
AR reading level of 4.6

No comments:

Post a Comment