Monday, September 23, 2013

THE HEN OF THE BASKERVILLES by Donna Andrews

Hen of the Baskervilles (Meg Langslow Series #15)

Meg is one of the coordinators of the Caerphilly State Fair, which means she is sleeping in a sheep barn and looking for missing Bantam Russian Orloff chickens, a pumpkin smasher, and a killer.

I started this one while enjoying a free hour of reading on my Nook at a local Barnes and Noble. When the hour was up, I had to buy the book so I would know what happened! I enjoy Meg and her family and the folks from her community who regularly show up in these stories. The state fair setting brings in other characters - from the animal advocates to the vintners and the incompetent cops from the county next door. And Meg handles all of them smoothly as she works her way to a murderer. Great!

4.5 out of 5 stars

The next book in the series, Duck the Halls,  releases on October 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment