Friday, January 18, 2013

COMIC: Jasotron: 2012 by Bill Amend

Jasotron: 2012



FoxTrot is my all-time favorite comic strip. So this new collection was one of the top items on my Christmas/Birthday list. The only disappointment came when I turned the last page. There were all sorts of fun strips about the sibling rivalries, the mom's cooking habits, the oldest son's eating habits and the dad's grilling habits. My favorites, though, are the ones that reference some piece of popular (or geek) culture - Star Trek, iPads, superheroes, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc. Those are the ones I go back to time and time again (or make my husband drop what he's doing to read). This was a fun read, and I know I will pick it up and read it again soon.

4 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: kids and adults, fans of previous books or of the strips from the newspaper. Folks who might not "get" the pop culture references will have plenty to enjoy just in the family interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment