Monday, July 16, 2012

PICTURE BOOK: A is for Airplane by Mary Ann McCabe Riehle

The third (and final) alphabet book I picked up in Washington DC was this one, which we found at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.

I picked this up for two reasons. First, as I have already stated, I love this line of picture books. Second, I have a student at school who is fascinated by airplanes and flight. He is one of only two students to ever fill out a materials request form for our school library. His request? More books about airplanes. I hope he enjoys this one!

I was pleasantly surprised that the book wasn't just about airplanes. After 3 hours touring Air and Space, I had my fill of machines that fly, frankly. But this includes a page on birds, Amelia Earhart, President Kennedy and the Tuskegee Airmen. I think this is a great book for home, classroom or library!

4 out of 5 stars
AR rating of 7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment