Tuesday, May 29, 2012

PICTURE BOOKS: Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet AND Z Is for Moose

 

Nancy and her best friend, Bree, are so excited to be in a mermaid ballet. They play mermaids all the time! But when Nancy doesn't get a mermaid part, being in the ballet doesn't sounds so fun anymore.

This is another beautiful book in the Fancy Nancy series. The illustrations are phenominal (that's a fancy word for great and pretty). There's a beautiful moment between Nancy and her mom that is precious, and the story line covers an experience common to kids. I've already gotten a copy for the library and another to share with my niece. This will be a popular addition to our school library!

4.5 out of 5 stars

Zebra is directing an alphabet pageant, but an over-eager moose keeps getting in the way.

I loved this story! I think it's a great addition to our alphabet book collection, and my students really got a kick out of the moose.

4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment