Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WEDNESDAY: Various Book Fair titles, part 1

  


During our school's spring book fair, I had a chance to peruse many books I hadn't read before. Here are three picture books I really enjoyed.
When a Dragon Moves In is about a boy who builds a perfect sand castle and a dragon moves in. But having a dragon isn't as fun as it first seems. This was my go to book when I had a class finish looking around the fair early and I needed something to read. (AR level of 3.3)

Joyce Meyer's Every Which Way to Pray is a great piece for kids about prayer - what it is, and what it is not. (AR level of 3.1)

Finally, Chalk is a wordless story about kids whose chalk drawings come to life. It is great fun! I think it would be a great title for teachers doing units on storytelling. I often have students who want to draw their story, but don't know how to communicate a whole story through their pictures. This would be a great "mentor text" for them.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for highlighting WHEN A DRAGON MOVES IN on your blog and for helping to spread the Dragon love! So honored and thrilled! :) Hugs, Jodi

    ReplyDelete