Tuesday, February 28, 2012

TUESDAY: Abe Lincoln At Last! by Mary Pope Osborne

Front Cover





Summary
Magic Tree House #47. Jack and Annie travel to the White House to meet Abe Lincoln. Jack is hijacked by a wild little boy named Tad and they don't get to meet the President (although, when he hears their names, Lincoln very much wants to meet them) before they are magically whisked away to a wooded, rural area in another time. Jack starts to wonder if they'll ever meet Abraham Lincoln and get what they need to save the penguin, Penny.


Review
My son has moved away from MTH books, and I've never been a really big fan of them. But my students can't get enough of them, so I buy them for the library and try to read them so I can talk intelligently about them. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this volume was. A cute, sweet story. I am eager to read the research guide as there were so many cool twists to the story. So well done. This long-running series is not slowing down. The next book in the series releases in July.


4.5 out of 5 stars
AR level of 3.5


Recommended for: classroom, school and home libraries, fans of the series, presidential /historical fiction collections


Cautions: none

No comments:

Post a Comment