Friday, July 1, 2011

Blogging Sabbatical

In the past few days, as I have been reading my blog feeds on my email, I have noticed a (small) trend. Some of my regular bloggers are taking the month of July off. Each notice referenced a post by Michael Hyatt (another blogger I follow - if you are interested in leadership development, check out his whole blog) where he talks about his own sabbatical.

I agree that his post was inspiring, but for me it was more in a "wouldn't that be nice" sort of way. But his post was from June 20th. I was already up to my eyebrows in the business of death and grief - waiting on probate, meeting with lawyers, cleaning out a house, etc. I don't feel I have the luxury of walking away from anything right now.

Then, last night, I sat down to write a book review for today. I have been reading through my stash of books based on the TV show, Psych. The books have been good and I was ready to review three of them. Then I got a call with more bad news, and I thought, "I can't do this." I am about at my limit of what I can juggle. So I've decided to go with at least a blogging sabbatical. I may pull back from even more things in the next week. I can't even articulate what I want or need a break from. So, I'm going to step away for the month of July, at least, and see where things are on August 1st. 

I had a few blogs already typed and ready to go, so I released those earlier today. I hope you find something to enjoy. The Mo Willems book is especially fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment