Friday, April 8, 2011

FRIDAY: The Sherlockian

Summary 
1900 - Arthur Conan Doyle and his friend, Bram Stoker, are drawn into a real life mystery when someone sends Doyle a letter bomb and a young bride is murdered.

2010 - Harold White, a Sherlockian, is drawn into a real life mystery when another Holmesophile is found dead before he can share with the world the holy grail of their movement - a missing Doyle diary.

Review
The missing diary, of course, is for the time period covered in the book by the story from 1900. There are lots of twists and turns in this one. The mystery is well-written. I described it to others as "compelling." I'm not sure I loved it, but I had to finish it to know what happened and how it all works together. Even though it wasn't a good fit for me, I can recommend it to others as it is a well-crafted story


4 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: Sherlock Holmes fans, mystery lovers (this is not a "cozy" mystery),

Cautions: some language and violence

[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment