Tuesday, April 5, 2011

BONUS BLOG: Mission Unstoppable (The Genius Files)

Summary 
First in a new series.

Twelve-year-old twins, Coke and Pepsi, have no idea they are part of the Genius Files - a secret government project to use highly intelligent children to solve the problems of the world. Since they don't know about the project, they can't figure out why men in bowler hats, driving a golf cart, are trying to kill them or why someone would set their school on fire. The twins are going to have to work together to solve ciphers, escape death traps, and keep their parents blissfully ignorant on a trek across the country that is so much more than just a family vacation.

Review

This is another one of the eight books I read to my writing students when we were talking about writing stories with good beginnings. This story has a great beginning! And the reading joy just keeps going from there. Coke and Pepsi (yes, those are their names, and the book does include an explanation) are great, believable characters. The action really kept the book moving, which was especially good because one of my students informed me that she put a hold request in at the library to get the book once I was done with it, so I was feeling the pressure to read quickly for her sake.



4 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: children over 8 or 10, classroom story times, readers who like spy/secret agent-type stories


Cautions: none

[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment