Tuesday, March 15, 2011

BONUS BLOG: Humpty Dumpty Climbs Again

Summary 
[I bought this as part of a 3-pk of "Fractured Fairy Tales" from Scholastic. This one was the best of the three]


Humpty Dumpty has had his big fall and decides never to climb a wall again. He's lost his purpose and sits around watching TV in his underwear. His friends try to get him moving again and others tease him. But when Humpty sees one of the king's horses trapped on a high cliff, he'll have to decide if he can climb to the rescue after all.

Review

Funny and clever retelling of the classic rhyme. I am a fan of "fractured" or twists on the old, familiar tales. This one was a winner.



4 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: children under 8, library story times, classroom story times, example of fairy tales/fractured fairy tales


Cautions: none

[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

2 comments:

  1. Is the style good for 1st grade self-readers? It sounds like a fun one that they would enjoy - we have always enjoyed the literary twists on original stories... Penny Price

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Penny, I think so. The egg wears underwear, so it is usually an immediate hit with boys! =-) As I said, I found it through the Scholastic book orders at school.

    ReplyDelete