Monday, November 8, 2010

MONDAY: The Vanishing Violin (The Red Blazer Girls)

The Red Blazer Girls are back - Sophie, Margaret, Rebecca, and Leigh Ann are back to solve new puzzles and sort out new mysteries.

This time, the girls are trying to figure out who's breaking into their school (and fixing it up), who stole a valuable violin, and what's up with the mysterious secret codes that are supposed to lead them to another violin?

The book includes some of the great characters from book one, including Malcolm and Elizabeth, nuns, criminals, scooter rides, rock bands and violin lessons. Lots of action and fun chapter titles. I love Sophie who tells the story - she has a great voice. I would have devoured these books as a teen. Fun puzzles for the girls - and the reader - to solve. Some dating/secretive behavior - unsurprising in a book for teens/late tweens, but not inappropriate for the target audience. [I probably wouldn't give this to my 9 year old niece, but would likely recommend it to a 12-13 year old.]

[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment