Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TUESDAY: The Strange Case of Origami Yoda

Dwight has an origami Yoda finger puppet that spouts words of wisdom in Yoda speak ("Cheetos for everyone you must buy")

Tommy has a dilemma. Origami Yoda has given him some advice, but Tommy isn't sure he should believe it, so he does some research, asking kids to share their stories of Origami Yoda's advice and the outcome. Is Yoda the real deal? Or is Dwight just playing all of them?

Tommy and his friends are something of the outcasts in the 6th grade. But Dwight is the oddest one in the bunch, even if you don't consider the finger puppet. I liked the story. I thought it was a good portrayal of the social scene at this age, with reasonable dilemmas for the students. Great ending. But I had no luck making my own origami Yoda....
 
[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment