Monday, July 19, 2010

MONDAY: Shark vs. Train

This book has gotten a lot of press lately in my book-related magazines, and for good reason. It is a great book.

Two boys run toward a toy box. One pulls out a shark toy, the other pulls out a train. Then the competition begins. Who would win, the shark or the train? Well, it depends on the contest and the context - in the ocean, it's the shark. If it is on the tracks, it's the train. If it is eating pie, it's the shark. If it's giving carnival rides, it's the train. If it's sword fighting on a tightrope.... Well, that is harder to determine. 

I think all kids will get a kick out of this book, but I know boys will really connect with the competition - and will probably want to come up with their own comparisons after the book is done.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment