Monday, July 5, 2010

MONDAY: Bridget's Beret

Bridget is an artist. She would rather make art than do anything else in the world. And the most crucial piece of equipment she has for making art is her beret. But one day she loses her beret... and she may never make art ever again.

I really liked Bridget's story - the illustrations are beautiful, and I thoroughly enjoyed the little side comments sprinkled throughout them. Lichetenheld is a favorite of mine (Shark vs. Train and Duck! Rabbit!). I also am a fan of books that encourage kids to be themselves and embrace "art," whether that's writing, painting, dance, or whatever (like The Dot (Irma S and James H Black Honor for Excellence in Children's Literature (Awards)) and Ish).


Check out Bridget and see what she does about her lost Beret!

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment