Friday, March 19, 2010

FRIDAY: Hood

This long book (512 pages) is a re-telling of the Robin Hood story. I only know my Robin Hood myths from various movie versions. This was a wordy book that at times tempted me to quit and just return it to the library, but I was attached to the main characters enough that I couldn't walk away without knowing what was going to happen next. There are some pretty dark moments in the story, so sensitive readers should be warned. I think folks who enjoy the story of Robin Hood will enjoy this version of the story.

There are two more books in the series: Scarlet (The King Raven, Book 2) and Tuck (The King Raven Trilogy). I enjoyed the first one enough that I would like to try the other two some time, but didn't love it enough to run right out to get them. I may give them a try this summer.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment