Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TUESDAY: I Am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President

Oliver Watson is a 12-year-old genius... and the fourth richest man in the world. He has secret body guards, secret lairs and secret schemes. But no one would ever guess. He plays the doofus - the geek - the goofball - so no one will know the truth about him. Oliver has serious Daddy issues which lead him to run for class president. Will all his brains and all his money guarantee him the election?

This is definitely a book for older teens and young adults. There is some language and a lot of sarcasm. It is a little dark at times - at moments I felt like I was reading Lord Voldemort's teenage diary! Older kids - and adults - who like their humor with a bit of a dark side will get a kick out of Oliver's story.


You can go here and see a video by the author, Josh Lieb (one of the producers of The Daily Show) and a "special guest" talk about the book. Check it out!

Writing teachers might like Genius as a way to talk to kids about how to write a villain.


[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment