Monday, June 1, 2009

MAGAZINE WEEK part 1: HighFive and Highlights

Highlights Magazine seems to be some sort of rite of passage for kids! I remember getting it when I was little. I have a picture in my mind of me sitting on the floor of my yellow bedroom organizing my magazines. (We won't spend too much time analyzing that little memory!)

It is a great magazine for kids - it has puzzles, jokes, stories, and articles. Kids can even submit their own drawings or jokes or stories and get published in the magazine. They have even spun off some puzzle books that collect the sorts of puzzles kids have come to love from the magazine, like the Hidden Pictures.

High Five is a fairly new creation from the Highlights people, and it is geared to kids ages 4 to 7. This is a great magazine! I know my son was frustrated with the regular magazine when he was younger because it was too hard. High Five was just right for him - puzzles and stories that he could do himself. High Five is a great gift for a younger sibling who wants to feel like she gets to do what the older ones do when they get Highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment