Wednesday, May 20, 2009

WEDNESDAY: Blog On! (series)


If I had a daughter, I would have bought this whole series by now, even though it is for ages 8 to 12. As it is, I bought the two about Jazz, because they are my favorites. Grace Notes is the first in the series and there are two books that center on each of the girls. I am not sure many 8 year olds will get the blogging aspects of the stories, and I would probably recommend these more for 9 or 10 year-olds and older readers.

In the series, the four girls are friends who run a secret blog together. Each person uses her own gifts on different parts of the blog. Then each individual story focuses on something that girl is dealing with in her own life and how her friends and her faith help her work things out. I think the author does a great job of portraying real emotions from these girls; I found myself empathizing with them and remembering what it was like to be their age. I think they send a great message to girls that we can be real with God and He can handle all of our "darkest" moments.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds really interesting! My girl is 6 and a pretty beginning reader but these might be great for her in a few years. What reading level would you say they are at?

    My Noah is almost 10 and literally inhales books...he reads constantly. He says he wants to be an author when he grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon gives it an age range of 9-12. Maybe your library has them and you could read through one yourself and see what you think....

    ReplyDelete