Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome to "Bring on the Books!"

Welcome to new friends and faithful followers of previous blogs! Let me introduce myself.

My name is Jaymie. I live in the Midwest with my family. I have worked in a variety of jobs with non-profits; I am currently working part time as an elementary teacher at my son's Christian school and I am self-employed as a writer. No matter what job I have been in, one thing that has stayed consistent is that I am crazy about books. I have three shelves of books waiting for my attention as well as notebooks of titles I want to read "someday." I love to recommend books to others, especially books for kids. I love to see a young person find a book they love that encourages them to pick up another book and try to find that magic connection again.

Every week day I plan to post a brief review/introduction to a book. Mondays will focus on books for the smallest "readers." These will be board books or picture books. Tuesdays will be for older children, from beginning readers to teens. Most will be for elementary age since that is the group I read for right now in my own life. Wednesdays will be for faith-related books, fiction and non-fiction, kids and adults. Thursdays are for other non-fiction. Fridays are general fiction for grown-ups (although some may interest teens). I like primarily cozy mysteries, so there will be a lot of those reviewed here. I also read some Urban Fantasy, paranormal, "chick lit," and science fiction as well as non-genre fiction.

If there are books with swearing or other material that might offend, I will try to note that in my review. I hope you will give some grace if I forget now and then.

I hope you will come back often, and leave comments on books you tried and what you thought of them or recommendations of books you have loved.

Now, let's bring on the books....

No comments:

Post a Comment