Friday, March 6, 2009

FRIDAY: Paper, Scissors, Death


Kiki Lowenstein - wife, mother and scrapbooker - finds her life turned upside down when her husband is found dead - and naked - in a local hotel. Not only does she lose her spouse, but her comfortable life of wealth. Then she finds herself fighting her MIL for custody of her daughter and is suspected of murder. She has to piece the puzzle together just like her scrapbook layouts to solve the mystery.

This was a delightful book; I had a hard time putting it down. I have tried another scrapbooking series and I had to really work at them. I wanted to like them because they were about my hobby, but I finally had to give up. This new series by Joanna Campbell Slan is so easy to love. I enjoyed the characters, the evolution of Kiki, and felt inspired to scrapbook for the first time in almost a year. I can think of no higher praise than that!

(This review was previously posted on my Pizza Monkey blog which no longer exists)

No comments:

Post a Comment