Wednesday, October 26, 2011

TIGER TALES: Limelight Larry by Leigh Hodgkinson

This is the last of my fall reviews of books from Tiger Tales. I hope you have enjoyed them as much as I have!




Handsome peacock, Larry, is so enamored by his own fantasticness, he thinks this book should only be about him. In fact, he is so amazing, he thinks there should be more books about him. But Larry is not alone in this book. First a mouse, then a bird and then other critters want to see what all this book business is about. Larry just wants to be left alone to enjoy the limelight. Once he is alone, however, Larry finds it's awfully spooky. Maybe it would be all right if everyone else joined him after all.




When I get review books from Tiger Tales, they come in a large box. My son and I usually scoop up the box and race to the table to open it and look at our new treasures. When I saw the cover of this one, I squealed out loud and yanked it out of the pile to read first. I love peacocks, and the illustrations and foil print are amazing. In fact, there is a full page spread in the book of Larry and all his feathers done in foil that is glorious! Illustrations aside, the story is a fun way to open discussion about selfishness and sharing. The tone reminds me a little of another favorite of mine, Chester by Melanie Watt.

3.5 out of 5 stars


Thanks, as always, to Tiger Tales for these and many other great books for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment